This is due to forced austerity measures being adopted by their government. The tap of free money for no work has run dry.
For obvious reasons the folks that depend on that free cash to survive have a bit of an issue with that.
When you’re used to mooching off the public dole, when that goes away, you’re going to have an issue with it.
This is what happens.
But can that happen here?
Simply put, yes.
And while I’m not going to say it’s inevitable … I’d have to say it’s pretty darn likely.
Will it be the same? Nope.
Could it be less intense, with less violence? Sure.
Can it be more violent with even more problems? Darn right.
When? Your guess is as good as mine.
See, we have a massive group of folks that live off the works of others. And our cities are full of folks with a pure entitlement mentality. Even the upscale cities are likely to go up in flames when the checks stop coming.
If all someone has ever done is collect a check for living, do you really think they’re going to head out and start working when the check is a fraction of what it used to be?
I’m betting not.
A few things you should consider:
- Be ready to stay in your home for a couple weeks. Water is pretty important here … utilities can get interrupted.
- Know how to get home from work if you have to, with different routes. Especially if you’re in or drive through a not so safe place.
- Be prepared to defend what yourself, your family, and what you have if need be.
- See if you can make alternate work arrangements if possible. If your job can be done remotely, think about talking to your boss about it.
- Have cash on hand. You don’t want to be running out to the ATM machine if there’s a riot out there.