Here’s a bunch of links I saw today that I thought you might like.
- The banksters are at it again
Does the Federal Reserve care that it’s burdening the taxpayers of this country with such a responsibility? Like hell it does! It doesn’t give a damn about you and I, the ‘little people’ of this country. Its loyalties are to the bankers and investment houses from which most of its senior staff are drawn. It’s an incestuous relationship, whereby the banks and investment houses are ‘in bed’ with the most powerful financial agencies of our government, for the mutual benefit of all concerned – and no-one else.
- Bayou Renaissance Man: Unemployment: the truth begins to spread
Remember that the unemployment rate is not “how many people don’t have jobs?”, but “how many people don’t have jobs and are actively looking for them?” Let’s say you’ve been looking fruitlessly for five months and realize you’ve exhausted every job listing in your area. Discouraged, you stop looking, at least for the moment. According to the government, you’re no longer unemployed. Congratulations?
- What Ever Happened to the Constitution?
- Home Security System
- What if IT is today? – A Survivalist’s Blog: Burglar shoots 91 year old
Keep yourself alert. Keep your doors locked. Keep yourself armed.
- Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein (fill in the blank)
The excuses then, as now, are “We’re just doing our job. We’re just following orders.”
- Green Mountains Homesteading: Going Rogue…
To put it simply, there is no power over us but that which we give away, and no freedom lost, that cannot be regained.
Until this reality is understood, consecutive generations of human beings will be left to wonder astonished at the endless atrocities of governments they thought they could trust. The truth is, no government, no matter how seemingly noble, deserves our full faith. All governments must be treated like storehouses of aging dynamite; with extreme vigilance, care, and suspicion, because, it is in the very nature of centralized power to sink towards destabilization and disaster.
- "Violent Means Cannot Achieve Peaceful Ends"
Sometimes violence is the only solution
- Book Review Deep Winter By Thomas Shelly
- Wheeee! We Go Down The Bowl Last! – MarketTicker Forums
Remember folks, “money” comes into existence because someone pledges some sort of collateral for the debt that is on the other side of the ledger. It’s a balance sheet and, as the name implies, always balances.
So let’s ask the question: What happens when there’s no more collateral?
- The Daily Bell – State Sovereignty: America’s Final Solution to Tyranny
Just following Congress, the 2012 presidential campaign and the inability of citizens to influence government policy makes it clear to every American how broken the US political system has become. A few powerful interests run the entire show and the American people are being forced down a dark road to economic destruction. History shows us that Washington is immune to conventional national political action under the present system. What can freedom loving Americans do?
- SHTF Survival Q&A: A First-Hand Account of Long-Term SHTF Survival
- Bayou Renaissance Man: This is a war warning
On this anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attack of 1941, I hate to have to point out the risk of a new war, into which the USA may again be dragged. Unfortunately, I’m not exaggerating. I fully expect at least one war, possibly more than one, to break out within the next year, and quite possibly within the next three to six months.
- Le Cygne Gris: Paragraphs to Ponder
State sovereignty has interested me for a while, especially in light of Thomas Woods’ Rollback. Ron Holland has written a sample state sovereignty amendment, which we here at Le Cygne Gris fully endorse. The sample amendment is as follows:
- Ah, The 10th Amendment LIVES! – MarketTicker Forums
Given this precedent the State could then order its law enforcement officers to bar from the state any Federal attempt at enforcement within state borders. That is, The State could order the State Police to arrest federal agents who attempted to enforce such a law within the state in addition to refusing to enforce those conflicting laws themselves.
Note that this is not limited to Medical Marijuana. It also might apply to the handful of states that have passed “State” gun laws conflicting with BATFE requirements, among other things.
- It won’t happen in America, yeah, well it just did.
This morning while I was working on a bid for a job, my phone quit working. I tried it a few more times and then thought about it for a minute and then asked my wife, is your phone working? It wasn’t.
So I sat and waited.
Then they came.
I watched them scatter.
My wife came running down the stairs yelling, “Josh, there are a bunch of men surrounding our house and they have guns!!”
- Anxious Greeks Emptying Their Bank Accounts – SPIEGEL ONLINE – News – International
This is bad news any way you look at it.
And don’t think it can’t happen here.
- You get what you give – but different | SHTF School
- The Employment Report Is An Intentional FABRICATION? – MarketTicker Forums
- Pizza is a healthy vegetable in school lunches
- USA’s Government spending visualized: Stacked in 100 dollar bills
- Presence of Malice: Against the Conservative Portrait of the President @ AMERICAN DIGEST
- PATCON: Say It Ain’t So, Bob
- Portugal raids pension funds to meet deficit targets – Telegraph
Gee, could this ever happen here? Got 401k?
- When Folks Talk About the FSA…
- The American Spectator : America’s Ruling Class — And the Perils of Revolution
The only serious opposition to this arrogant Ruling Party is coming not from feckless Republicans but from what might be called the Country Party — and its vision is revolutionary.
- How did Sen. Feinstein get ATF gun trace data in violation of Tiahrt Amendment? – National gun rights | Examiner.com
Fair questions to follow up with: Who at Main Justice illegally leaked the data to Sen. Feinstein and did she knowingly abet a violation of the law in order to advance her agenda?
- The US is Hollowing Out (Quickly) – Global Guerrillas
- It’s Not Your Fault You’re A Dumbass (You’ve Been Trained To Be One) | Neal’s Soapbox
- The Smallest Minority: Tough History Coming
I’ve concluded that it really doesn’t matter much who triumphs in next November’s snout-count, our President and all our Congressweasels aren’t going to pull our chestnuts out of the flames – they’re just going to keep pouring coal – sorry – sustainable cellulose fiber on the fire.
- Small Holding: Politics of the Tribe – It’s Just a Matter of Time
- The Volokh Conspiracy » Defense bill will allow President to indefinitely detain American citizens
according to Senator Carl Levin, it was the Obama administration which told Congress to remove the language in the original bill which exempted American citizens and lawful residents from the detention power
- “They don’t call them patients, they call them units” | Wizbang
So if you are a 70 year-old Nancy Pelosi, or Paul Krugman — with a potent private health insurance plan such as the one enjoyed by Members of Congress and other bureaucrats — you will get every appropriate surgery and treatment applicable.
But if you are a 70 year-old former bookkeeper or waitress on Medicare, well — you have swung your last golfclub or danced your last waltz, because the “ethics panel” that assesses your unithood will have no problem inventing a equation that goes something like, “Potential-Tax-revenues-minus-potential-cost-divided-by-social-and-political-value-equals…a negligible unit.
And you’ll be shuffled off to the room with the big screen full of daffodils and excellent speakers blasting Vivaldi, and made “comfortable.”
- Armed and Ready: New Mexico Residents Defy Government
- Between the rattlesnake’s tail and its fangs. The crisis of legitimacy, the dearth of citizenship, the spectre of civil war and moral responsibility.
- Politics of the Tribe – You and what Army!!!
The woman ended by warning the feds that her family has many guns and a huge supply of ammunition, and they would use all of it if needed to keep the EPA off of their land.
- Retreat Security: I Am Your Worst Nightmare, by Jeff T.
- Tactical Principles
- Why Do We Keep Lying To Ourselves?
It baffles me that we are able to lie to ourselves to the extent that we do. It seems that nobody actually has a grip on reality.
- My Apologies Mr. Jefferson | Neal’s Soapbox
In fact, were Thomas Jefferson alive today, and a public figure, he would find himself even more ostracized and ridiculed than does Ron Paul. One might go so far as to say that were Thomas Jefferson alive today he would be considered a domestic terrorist, someone who Homeland Security would snatch out of their home and ship them on a C-130 transport to Guantanamo Bay Cuba.
- Interior Reverses Course: No Shooting Restrictions – Washington Whispers (usnews.com)
- Here You Go: It’s Over
- The Game Is About Done – MarketTicker Forums
- What I’m All About (Calen Fretts)
Why don’t all of our politicians sound like this?
- Kagan’s non-recusal and what it means
- Survival Shop Reports Jump In Sales To People Preparing For “Possible Collapse” « CBS St. Louis
- What If You Had To Walk Home? | Prepare!
- Group Stove Test: First Thoughts
- MUST READ: SHTF School – Real Life Survival Experiences
If you haven’t seen this, you need to. This is a guy who lived through the Balkan wars in a hardcore SHTF situation. Read everything he’s written.
- How to make Multigenerational Households work
Seems to me that multi generational households are going to be a reality for more and more of us
- Urban warfare, use the terrain
While I don’t think that the shit will hit the fan this bad any time soon … food for thought.
- Watering My Hippies
- The New Price Era of Oil and Gold
- Coyote Blog » Blog Archive » Help for the Super Committee: Is It A Tax or Spending Problem
More proof that raising taxes solves nothing
- How-To: Automate Your Chicken Coop
- ‘Company Policy: We are not hiring until Obama is gone’ | 11alive.com
Fascinating … Someone comes flat out and says they’re not hiring until there’s a new President. Wonder how many people are doing that but not saying anything…
- Home page | Greywater Action
Interesting Greywater projects…
- Occupy the Supreme Court
I tend to think that the Supreme Court doesn’t really work the way it’s supposed to. Here’s a guy that agrees…