Here’s a bunch of links I saw today that I thought you might like.
- Firearm Sales Way Up During Holiday Season « CBS Sacramento
- Dark Arts for Good Guys: The Right to Knife
To what extent are you willing…and capable of saving your life? If no gun were available could you …would you…are readily capable of doing so with a knife.
- The Silicon Graybeard: We Have a New Executioner
I keep hearing from Washington how wonderful things are while every doctor I know says the cuts to Medicare patients are so great they are refusing new patients
- AmericanMercenary: The system is broken
The answer is hope. That deep down we recognize that “the system” is broken, but still chugging along like the mindless machine that it is. We hope that when our time comes to face the beast that we will have the courage and wisdom to know when to obey the rules, and when to break them.
- Simpson-Bowles: READ THIS FOLKS – MarketTicker Forums
Incidentally if “it” happens like that the S&P 500 will trade at 1/5th to 1/10th of its current price as will every other asset that has leverage embedded in it, from housing to stocks to bonds to commodities.
If you’re “invested” in such things when it occurs you’re financially done.
- Just Consider This Folks… (Fed) – MarketTicker Forums
So how will Japan ever get out of this? They won’t — they’re mortally wounded with a piece of saran wrap over the sucking chest wound that they inflicted on themselves. As soon as someone tears it off or they move the wrong way and break the seal they’re finished.
If we keep this up so are we.
- Why "Stimulus" Can’t "Work" Today – MarketTicker Forums
That is, each dollar of deficit spending must produce about six dollars of new economic activity in order for the amount of tax revenue generated from that stimulus to offset the spending that took place.
- Goebbels (er, Hersman) Appears At The NTSB – MarketTicker Forums
- The Ghost of Christmas Past
I thought we had to have presents to celebrate Christmas. I was wrong. We just had to be willing to humble ourselves – only when we humbled ourselves were we able to be embraced in the love of family.
- The AnarchAngel : Misundertanding the Problem
What the American people want now, is a man of principle, and guts, who WILL reverse the current collision course with the dumpster we’re on, and roll back the idiotic excesses of the current congress and administration…
…but not someone so radical that they’re going to try to end social security (or for that matter change it in any meaningful way) or put in a flat tax or… well, anything radical or transformative at all really.
- Home sales figures inflated by as much as 20%…
- Rebellion University: Elections are Coming… In Winter
- The Silicon Graybeard: It’s Not Just the NDAA – It’s Happening Now
I don’t see a whole lot of difference between being held without charges in a prison in Anchorage than in a prison in Gitmo. It’s a chilling story, especially in the context of the NDAA containing wording that says if you have more than a seven days worth of food, or some amount of “weather proof” ammunition, you might be considered a terrorist, taken away and held without access to any legal way out.
- Small Holding: More Noticable Signs
Yep they had been robbed almost right in front of my face while I casually watched with only a mild interest