Here’s a bunch of links I saw today that I thought you might like.
- Required reading
There probably would still have been thousands of Chinese who would have been gang raped and murdered but it wouldn’t have been hundreds of thousands and there would have been a lot of Japanese bodies floating down the rivers along with the Chinese.
- NDAA: Open Season for the Police State – Tenth Amendment Center
- Mr. Obama’s 99% — Are We Poor or Just Unequal or Both or Neither?
- "Threat Analysis: Bikers"
The biker is a powerful image in the American mind; we have a firm idea of what he is. The main image is the pack raider, made popular by films
- Marco Rubio and the Anti-constitutionalism and Intellectual & Moral Bankruptcy of Our Time. « Publius-Huldah’s Blog
Today, we have nothing to guide us but our own feelings: “I like it”, “I don’t like it”, “I agree”, “I don’t agree”, I “believe” or “I don’t believe”. That is the essence of the existentialist mindset: we make “choices” on the basis of no standard except for what we “like”. Or don’t like. When people disagree, those with The Power decide – on the basis of what they like.
Our politicians ignore Our Constitution. They do whatever they want. Every day, the President violates the Constitution he swore to protect; and Congress does nothing about it. How could Congress do anything about it? Since they too abandoned the Constitution, they have no Objective Standard by which to judge the President. All they can say is, “I don’t agree”.
And WE THE PEOPLE don’t hold our politicians accountable for their violations of Our Constitution. We keep re-electing them! Why? Because we too have abandoned the Standard by which to judge their acts: Have you read Our Declaration of Independence and Our Constitution? Do you understand the concepts of “enumerated powers”, “federalism” and “rule of law”?
- Circular Arguments and The State
- Yo: TSA. You’re Not Making it Any Better
So it wasn’t a run-of-the-mill cupcake, it was a particularly scary cupcake; not just a little puff of cake with a smear of frosting on it, this is jar full of frosting with some cake allegedly embedded somewhere in it. Looking at the Cupcake of Doooooooom … um, excuse me, Cupcake in a Jar, I was immediately struck with fear — of diabetes, not of a bomb.
- And yet, they defend it…
Just shut up, remove your shoes, belt, clothing, cupcakes and integument, drop them in the bin, and step through the Magic Irradiation Device.
- The TSA Proves its Own Irrelevance
- Pro Libertate: When the Right to Resist Becomes the "Duty to Submit"
- The Journal Goes After The Fed! – MarketTicker Forums
- "Portugal raids pension funds to meet deficit targets"
Pay attention, Greece and now Portugal are traveling a well-worn path, and we’re not that far behind them. Our national debt is now greater than our GDP, and if you pay income taxes, you are now a minority. 51% of us are riding in the wagon while the other 49% of us pull it. I’ve lost hope that we can avoid an economic disaster; the only question in my mind is how long we can put it off.
- Waiting for the Great Pumpkin
- Stealth vs. Open Defense in a TEOTWAWKI Scenario
- Swords or Plowshares? | TEOTWAWKIAIFF
The Greeks are out shopping. Not for new ideas on how to trim their budget or how to frugally squeeze every last cent from each euro spent, but on weapons.
- Constitution 101
Hillsdale College is offering, free of charge, a 10 week online course titled Constitution 101: The Meaning and History of the Constitution.
- Squatters in Texas Town Use Arcane Law to Claim Vacant Homes
- Ex-UPS Worker Gets 100 Years For Home Invasions | Fox News
Prosecutors say Scott used a database at the UPS facility where he worked to target the homes.
- A Week’s Worth of Self-Defense | Power Line
The most famous case is that of Sarah McKinley, the 18-year-old widow in rural Oklahoma who was home alone with her infant son when two men tried to break into her house. One of the men had been stalking her and apparently had killed her two dogs.
- What do Americans fear most? | Wizbang
- Companies Face Fines for Not Using Unavailable Biofuel – NYTimes.com
Gotta love it. Pay a fine for not using something that doesn’t exist. Go figure.