Here’s a bunch of links I saw today that I thought you might like.
- Brown Seeks 7% California Spending Boost – Bloomberg
Yeah, this will end well…
California (STOCA1) Governor Jerry Brown proposed $92.6 billion in spending for the year starting in July, an increase of about 7 percent, which will count on voters approving $7 billion of higher taxes in November.
- » DHS Officers Armed With Semiautomatics Set Up Unannounced ID Checkpoint Alex Jones’ Infowars: There’s a war on for your mind!
Residents of Leesburg, Florida were shocked to see their local Social Security office turned into a random Homeland Security checkpoint Tuesday morning, as DHS officers armed with semiautomatic rifles and accompanied by sniffer dogs checked identifications of locals.
- Not to beat a dead horse, because the horse is alive and well
Another good article on the NDAA, or as a few of us are calling it the NDA, National Detention Act.
- Rebellion University: Obama Out-Pauls Paul.
Good News: America will save a bundle on defense spending over the next ten years, starting next year. Obama will gut the Defense Department like the bloated fish that it is.
Bad news: None of those fish guts will be returned to the taxpayers, nor will the deficit get any smaller. Obama will just spend the savings on other things.
- Claims: Upper 3s Again – MarketTicker Forums
- It’s Baaaack (Europe) – MarketTicker Forums
- Book Giveaway–Perennial Vegetables
- Hedge Your Votes
- A drill
- Montanans have the right idea!
Go Montana! – and may other states with laws that permit such recall petitions follow your example! If we can’t trust our Representatives and Senators to obey the Constitution (in terms of which they are elected and serve in the first place), and pass laws that are in accordance with its provisions, why the hell can’t we get rid of all of them?
- Never mind voter fraud – how about government fraud?
- Getting a job must be an "undue burden" for the poor…
You need an ID to buy medicine, get on an airplane, write a check, get a bank account, enter many county and state and federal offices, cross the border into the us (legally), and generally to do almost anything except (according to the Brady Bunch) buy a gun…..
What I don’t understand is why, if the states wish to implement a Voter ID law, they just don’t simply copy the Indiana law, which has been upheld by the Supremes as valid and Constitutional.
- Flash: European Finances Still Screwed Up
At this point, short of some fiscal austerity which simply is not going to happen, I can’t see how the answer is anything but printing and devaluation. Either the ECB prints, spreading the cost of inflation to all counties on the Euro, or Greece/Spain/Italy exit the Euro and then print for themselves.
- Contempt of TSA
- Thinking About Medicare and Social Security
- Its All About the Consumer (wink wink)
Countless regulations and laws in the US that are ostensibly consumer protection turn out to be simple power plays by government officials and well-connected corporations.
- Fast and Furious fallout?
- Winning the culture war
- The Best Time to Buy Anything in 2012