Lately there’s been one of those confluence of events type things happening with my media consumption. I’ve listened to a number of podcasts and read several blog posts that have all pointed me in on direction. Some of these are recent, some are archived tidbits that I came across randomly.
Its times like these where it seems clear that God or the Universe, depending on your belief system, is telling you something.
I’ve given a fair amount of thought to what I want to do here on this website for the up coming year. And the last thing I want to do is come out with some new years resolution that won’t stick.
But for the next month, I’m going to be trying on a specific set posting schedule with certain topics for certain days. Clearly all of this is subject to change, but the outline I’ve got now is:
- Mondays are How To days, with concrete actionable things that you can do today to improve your preps or your lifestyle.
- Tuesdays will be Review days. I’ll post a review of a website, or a book, or a tool, or something like that.
- Wednesdays are Series days, where I will have multi part series covering a topic in more detail than I could in a single post.
- Thursdays for now will be Listen To Rudy days. I’m going to use Jack Spirko’s example and try to do some podcasting from the road. Not completely sure what the content will be, but you’ll get to listen to me talk about stuff.
- Fridays will be lighter days, and will be more ‘Top 10’ type posts, around a certain topic. Not as in depth as a How To, but definitely something that gives you a few things to think about.
Of course daily posts with new and noteworthy links will continue to happen.
Rudy’s Note: If you’re a blogger, writer, etc, and have something you’d like me to review, send me an email and we’ll work something out!
I’m also working on a couple of bigger projects that should be taking shape over the next few months. More about those later as they take shape.
Anyhow, let me know in the comments below what you think about this, and if you have one of those prediction posts of your own, drop a link in the comments as well so everyone can see it!