Guys, you’ve heard it before. “Honey, we’re out of toilet paper.” When you hear that today you can just run down to the store and save the day, hero that you are. You may not be so lucky down the road. This isn’t just for toilet paper though … other non food items are pretty darn important.
I know you’ve been dying to know. Two rolls, per person, per month. Don’t forget Rudy’s Principle of Extras: Add 50%! So for my family I’m looking at 24 rolls a month. No problem! Except I have quite a few women folk in the family, I’d personally add a bit more of a buffer. The stuff can be had pretty cheaply, and it stores easy, so why not stock up?
Enough about toilet paper, what else do I need to store?
Here’s a list of things to think about…
- Paper Towels
- Feminine Products
- Baby Wipes (great for quick cleanup of more than just baby’s behind)
- Paper Plates/bowls and Plastic Utensils (Stock lots of these so you don’t have to use stored water to wash dishes)
- Laundry Detergent
- Dish Washing Detergent (not dishwasher detergent!)
- 409, Windex, etc
- Garbage Bags (stock various sizes!)
- Toothpaste, toothbrushes, mouth wash
- Body soap, shampoo
Some of these items aren’t really things you think about as ‘Survival Items’ but I believe that one major goal is to be able to maintain a higher quality of life, including many modern conveniences, for as long as possible in an emergency situation.